Pages

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Breakfast at Tiffany's



Just watched my first Audrey Hepburn film as a teenager late last night. It was nice. Just finished Jessica Zafra's Twisted 8 and I'm planning to start reading, page by page, a French dictionary I defeated my friend at owning. I bought the dictionary for 25 pesos.


Now, Breakfast at Tiffany's.

My favorite parts were 

when they went to the bar after they sent off Holly's (Hepburn) ex-husband at the bus station. They were watching a girl dancing on stage. Holly then ends disc one with "Do you think she is handsomely paid?" I have then to load disc 2 in under 5 seconds. 

The part where VCD's cut must be between a life-changing question and the answer to ensure the viewer actually finishes the movie.

when Holly learns her beloved brother Fred dies. It is perfectly placed. Perfect timing.

when Paul Varjak (George Peppard) declaims the fear of wild things to be owned and to be the responsibility of others and when he tries to find Holly's nameless cat, which Holly claims to be no one's, not even hers. That almost made me cry. But I never cry watching old movies.

I am too distracted and I haven't done anything related to my 'job' yet. I keep on stalling and stalling. Now with the French dictionary and The View from the Top where Gwenyth Paltrow is in. My ability to focus is such a parody.

(Because I think everyone deserves to know, this is my 300th post and what other way to spend it but with Audrey Hepburn whom I admire and my exceptional ability to lose focus? Please subscribe to my blog. Check out the subscribe via e-mail, subscribe in a reader options on the top right of my blog.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts