Pages

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Enough lament over the immunizations.

I got this temporary hiding place for my cash and all small things I carry. This is until I see a wallet that could represent me - of course, with a price tag well below the clouds.

All, including the 'Susi' keychain, is by Team Manila. I bought these at the airport in a kind of split-second decision because I didn't want my coins and bills hiding themselves in the dark creases of my antique backpack.

There is a funny story behind the 'Susi' keychain. When I saw it, I just wanted to have it. I was thinking it was made for someone named Susan, which eventually everyone will start calling 'Susi'. Parallel to Rodolfo Vera Quizon being turned into 'Dolphy'. I am really an un-sharpened pen in the pencil case of Filipino language mastery (wut?). It was only later that I realized 'Susi' also meant key. susi. Not all words with a capital letter is a proper noun.

If you look closely, you will see bills. It also shelters my LRT Stored Value card (I lost the one which was truly mine. This one I got from mother), and my Student Driver's Permit from the Land Transportation Office of the Philippines.

Hide yo' mothers, hide yo' children, HIDE yo' husbands because tomorrow would be my first day at driving academy. My driving school is so cool, they specified a key rule in their well-distributed hand-out. See for yourself:


RELEASE GAS, yo! Then I'mma be murdering your speed limits or something, more brilliantly, with flatulence.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts