Pages

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Not a good day

I can only put Ma'am Aquino's photo on this post because it [the photo] does not remind me of the horror I have been through today, in fact, it doesn't remind me of anything.


The horror:

I just had two immunizations, one for each upper arm. Its the worst. I can blame no one. It was needed for the Ateneo enrollment, my doctor was the best in town (a Rizal awardee in medicine, for public service and skill I presume) and the needles were new and the thinnest I have ever seen. The penetration could not be over half an inch and the pain was bearable.

It was the anticipation that got the best of me. I'm just sad.

But soon, I'll get over this and realize that two, minute puncture wounds shouldn't rape my humanity into shreds. In a few moments, I will be happy again. Till then, I rest my fingers because my arms are still high on the deactivated parasites.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts