Pages

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Double Dutch Ice Cream

I just managed to watch Gwyneth Paltrow on "The View from the Top" without throwing up. I started to crawl towards the freezer to get a serving of double dutch ice cream. On the way, I coughed and my mother suggested I take mucusolvan. I declined.



I have a mantra of no medicine intake unless it is extremely needed. I have to train my body to heal itself and feeding it with exactly what it needs will spoil it. Spare the double dutch ice cream. Gwyneth Paltrow, I mean "The View from the Top' just corrupted my consciousness. I need some sweets or else I'll drown in my own vomit.That is an exact example of extreme need.

When I started to open the freezer, I coughed again. You know how coughs make you bob your head forward. So I bobbed a little bit too much that I bumped my head on the freezer handle. Wait. Don't laugh yet. I was about to burst in laughter when I coughed again, which meant bumping again. It became so funny I choked. And I kept coughing a few hundred more times - which means a hundred more bumps. The pain was too much that what was supposed to be funny and embarrassing progressed to be a scandal. A true Filipino scandal and I was a victim

For the first time in a long time, I felt so .... ashamed. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts