Pages

Monday, April 11, 2011

Starbucks Iloilo just opened

I started my career as a coffee junkie long before I turned 10. The addiction began with dipping hot pandesal in the strong brews of my parents. It eventually evolved into having my own cup everyday. Then a few months, I gave up on the bread then I let go of the creamer - which I never really liked. Now, I can drink coffee even without sugar. I am not after the taste. I am after the aroma and the caffeine.


Starbucks came along, together with their heavenly caramel macchiato. Boom! But it was a long distance relationship, a hard to maintain affiliation, which instead of increasing fondness, withered.. The nearest branch is an 8-hour drive and a 30-minute boat ride away (Boracay Island)!

Just imagine how happy I was to be greeted by Iloilo with a local Starbucks branch opening!

So today I visited the Starbucks and lining up in the counter, I fell into worry. I already drank two gigantic glasses of solid brews today. 

The first one was at about 5:30 AM. Still in Manila. It was the Nescafe instant, powdered coffee you can mix in with whatever you like. My ideal proportion is a tablespoon of the coffee and half a tablespoon of sugar. Just add hot water and I would be content.

The second one was after a petite lunch. This time, it was instant, pre-mixed coffe. Sugar-free and loaded with a lot of antioxidants from fungi (like mushrooms). It was the rare, herbal-ish type. It had creamer in it. I swear I contemplated the idea of pulling out each crystal of the powdered creamer from the mix using tweezers. But creamers are bearable so I just finished a serving.

I ended up not buying a caramel macchiato at Starbucks. I heard trembling can ensue from too much coffee and that is scary ("What if it will never stop?!?"). 

My fears can be comforted by frozen yogurt. So instead of a caffeine fix, I dissolved in fermented milk. Topped with God's great blessing, the chocnut.


Yum. I bought a newspaper so when the insomnia kicks in, I can slap the boredom with news.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts