Pages

Friday, April 22, 2011

La Merde

I still have an hour and I just ate an outrageously small serving of spaghetti carbonara served by one of the many coffee shops here in the airport. This is the perfect time to rant about money hoarding, food servers in the NAIA Terminal 3 airport.

The coffee shop claims of having French descent. I will not be shocked if a French-Filipino war emerges next week. I believe that the French take food seriously and that damned coffee shop can easily be considered as a huge threat to their security. The cashier and the person who prepares the sandwiches share the same set of hands so I opted to take their spaghetti carbonara which was already on those plastic, microwaveable rectangular containers. It looked like cheap take-out but at least I'm sure my food won't taste like coins and peso bills.

The pricing is just crazy. In fact, it could only be sane if diamond grindings were included in the white sauce. Yes, the sauce was creamy. In fact, IT WAS ALL CREAM. While airlines are lowering airfares for those who dream to fly, airport food stalls are stealing from hungry, in-transit passengers.

I am not being very cheap. I just spend money wisely. Would you spend a day's allowance on a mixture of poor pasta and a peculiar white substance that can only be ketchup with white paint diluted in tap water? Yes, maybe. If it includes a stick of soft, dense garlic bread. The garlic bread, if only it was the size of a rhinoceros (their definition of a serving is synonymous to the size of my thumb), could have made up for all these anger.

PS: My joints are trembling. I drank a strong brew of caramel macchiato after an elephant serving of black coffee at home. I'm learning the effects of caffeine over dosage all by myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts