Pages

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

let there be light! after my booty shakes.


The photo above was taken at Boardwalk, a popular route for joggers in the city. We went there before 6 AM this morning because my parents, who had made it a ritual to jog at this part of the city almost every morning, probably thought my legs are already too fat. They really need their own fitness shows on TV or else they will be releasing all their expertise on me. Shivers.

I have been a slave to technology lately. Blogging takes a computer and the internet. I have been using my phone a lot. Even play counter-productive games on my devices. I noticed this 'slavery' because of an event with those hi-tech lights that have motion activated switches. The one usually installed on walkways. They save electricity because they only turn themselves on when someone, or something, is moving in front of it.

This is what happened:
 
My mother unloaded the washing machine and hanged my socks at a spot in front of the light before we went jogging. 

We went home from my tito's house a little bit late at night and she remembered the socks. I volunteered to bring them in. 

Of course, the light went on but then, while gathering the socks, it was only my arms that moved. The lights turned itself off because there wasn't enough motion going on. My brain started to work for solutions. And tadaaaa.....

I SHOOK MY BUTT! I shook my arse in the open for a hi-tech halogen lamp to light on me. This is an ultimate form of slavery (or prostitution) to technology.

But to give myself a little justice, I just watched Rio, which is primarily about birds that can salsa and sing with Hispanic accents. The butt-shaking idea must have been influenced by the still ringing visions of birds dancing on my head. 

So to reduce the butt-dancing instinct I have built inside of me, I'm removing technology from myself (or is it removing myself from technology). You need not to worry if my rate of blog posts suddenly decreases (My first driving lesson today suggests I would survive). I'll be on a trip early on tomorrow. It would be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts