Pages

Sunday, April 3, 2011

for the Fish is not a Chicken

I ordered this:


But I got this:


Fate is trying to turn me into a sumo wrestler. Of course, I didn't eat the CHEESY bacon Twister. Again, I am trying to get myself to consume zero chicken, beef or pork. I can only load up with fish and vegetables. This is not because I want to lose weight, it is because I believe I can actually avoid eating chicken, beef or pork..

I have been trying to convert myself into a vegetarian and the idea that it is impossible has been slapped on my face a few times already. When I say slapped, I mean menus that follow rules of at least a kilo dead meat per viand - no highway options, and lines of family gatherings at houses or restaurants that feature butchered animals floating in authentic Pinoy brews of greeneries or soaking in oil.

Yes, fish is an animal but I will still eat fish because I have observed that it is okay for a fastfood chain to not offer fish meals but it would insane if they didn't serve chicken, beef or/and pork to their customers. Those are essentials. Just like music, fish is a lot more indie than the other meats. Just like music, it is the meatiest of all, almost free from mass-production jinxes which are rather suspicious.

So for dinner, I just ate teren-teren. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts