Pages

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Manille is really crazy

We rode a public utility van to the airport. The trip takes about 30 clock minutes but the driver successfully stretched half an hour to sixteen days. He only had Willie Revillame's CD. Too bad they didn't provide barf bags. My centavo-sized iPod earplugs can't compete with their 12" speakers. Hell. 

I flew a little over an hour on an airtight plane beside a guy who unfortunately lost his deodorant, shampoo and soap weeks ago but is still hopeful for a reunion. No, early morning flights do NOT give you the right to ride airplanes smelling like vomit and sweat. Buy your own plane if you are afraid of hygiene. I swear I could have smashed through the airplane windows with my fist.

Halfway the flight, I couldn't deny that I still have the rhinoceros up my sinuses. The saltwater solution only provided temporary relief. 

We (my mother and I) went straight to Ateneo to confirm my slot. Ateneo's campus is a temporary escape from the toxic air of fast-paced Manila. Nice. I pulled the requirements out of my bag and I realized I left my birth certificate somewhere halfway the length of the Philippines away.

Optimism at this point means suicide. 

Then my phone beeped because I received an e-mail. It was good news. I just got myself a job in writing.

I listened to a Willie Revillame album, my nostrils are poisoned, the rhinoceros in my sinuses is still there, I still have no confirmed slot for an Honor's course in the Ateneo. Let's flush those down the toilet and embrace the fact that I don't need to be a sloth this summer. Yahoo!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on the job leo! it's nice that you're now posting several times a day

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts