Pages

Friday, April 30, 2010

Iron Man 2: The Dream Nerd


I heard from my cousins that Iron Man (without the two) was a good movie and it left you wanting for more. Its summer, its useless to reject a movie invitation so I tagged along to watch Iron Man 2. We were so lucky to grab a seat. Its the most populated SM Cinema has been since the last Harry Potter installment.



Iron Man 2 was a movie. I can't tell you if it was good or bad. The only standards it passed was being a movie. I can't even say if the 2 dollars was worth it. Just like any other movie which can't be described by any other word other than 'movie', I'll probably forget about its existence in a few days. If you are not happy about my review, go ahead and watch it yourself. Put a link to your own review in the comments box and let me read it.



Although, I have to note one thing that affected my reaction to the movie. I consider myself a science enthusiast and as I watch this sci-fi/hero movie, I can't help to compare the events and materials to reality. All of the computer technology and high capacity compounds that produce power for at least a century (given they are pocket-sized) were just to impossible for our time. The movie wasn't set in the future, it was set in the present where humans are fond of F1 Mach 1 cars which in the future, will be turtle-ish.

I consider myself a nerd. I love to learn science. Iron Man is like a scientist's/nerd's ego. Anthony Stark is a 40-ish man who knows a lot about Physics and Chemistry almost impossibly though, he is also a celebrity and an alpha man ladies try to grab on to. Isn't it obvious?

3 comments:

  1. tsk.. I'll have to see first. pero ang ganda ng tariler ha. heheh! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm gonna read this post after I watch it. Really excited about the movie :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. @erwinator yeah. trailers are deceiving for par or subpar flicks.

    @james. You can read it without watching. its not a spoiler, its a poor review. :-). Glad to see your review soon!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts