Pages

Sunday, April 11, 2010

I Went to Church !?!?!

For the first time in a long time, I went to church. My mother is a die-hard fan of religion so every time she is around, we need to go to church. Just to be clear, I am not against the church, I just don't go to church once every week.

The golden light emitted by the sun
during near sundown

For this week's Sunday, my mother decided we go to church late afternoon because the temperature is extremely hot. Walk around the city without protection and you will return home a big block of charcoal. The sun is just so extreme. So we waited for the cooler afternoon before flying off to churchland.


The city's church named Jaro Cathedral, was our church of the week. The church, although still under renovation, looks very beautiful and glamorous. Its like a mix of the antique and modern architecture. All these courtesy of the donations handed over to the church. Its amazing how much people are willing to give for religion, I hope they give the same attention to our nation. If we treat the state of being a Filipino as a religion, the Philippines will be a gold mine.

No giant cathedral will be complete without LCD
television sets to show lyrics and video feeds of
the proceeding mass. :-) Classy, eh?


This is only about 1/16 of the church.

After church, where I had to get squeezed sit between two strangers, I suggested we eat at Carlo's. Carlo's, according to the stories of my friends, is a fine restaurant. 


If you have heard from the news, Carlo's was bombed about two weeks ago. The picture below shows the exact point where the hand grenade landed(you can actually see the dent on the concrete lot caused by the explosion):


Don't forget to subscribe! Just click the Feedburner on the sidebar!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts