Pages

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

REVENGE! Hallelujah

(If you are locked into religion, using revenge and hallelujah in the same phrase might offend you. Get out of here if it does.)

I expect a magnitude to agree with me that some store people are extremely annoying when they tail you around. They make you feel like a disabled, criminal celebrity because they think you need help in your every movement and you require watching over, in case you want to take something without visiting the cashier. I believe they might have encountered a lot of critics when it comes to what they do with their customers/store visitors but they don't seem to care. Do they think they are accomplishing something following people around?

Story:

A nice lady was beside me, browsing books in a big store. She was sophisticated, given she wears high fashion clothing and she is browsing the lifestyle section. A saleslady comes up to her and starts following her around. I followed the saleslady too because I knew there was some drama about to fire up. See the revenge? I'm following the saleslady too, successfully making them feel what they make me feel. But the story doesn't end there, fortunately.

After a few minutes, the nice lady was obviously so pissed off with her new human tail and she asked the saleslady for a French book. I was pretty sure she knew it wouldn't be available. After the saleslady's starstruck no, she said a pleasant 'thank you'. Unfortunately, the saleslady seemed happy about following her. After another few minutes, the nice lady was on the brink and finally, she exploded with a thunderous, "Why don't you go away? Can you like pick up a broom and sweep the floor instead of following me?". The lane we were in was silenced. The nice lady continued, "Here carry my bag and lets pretend I own you. There you will be working like a real lady."

I walked out of the store, feeling holy and touched.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts