Pages

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Fancy Food Forecast

It is very ironic that in the previous article, I have stated my goals of living a good life and implementing a diet and a few days after, I will be blogging about my mortal enemy, food.

For the past few days, I have been bonded to Coffee Break at Nelly's Garden here in Iloilo, thanks to my good friend which is an addict of the unproductive sitting down. When she invites me to sit with her at the cafe, she means serious sitting, the likes of 3 or more hours of resting on a chair.

Plenty of chairs to
fill up!

I am not the laid back type of person. Moving is a need for me which stirs up another irony of why I'm a few sizes above prime. Back to the story, so we would sit there for like forever. I get bored a lot thats why I end up eating some 'panini', 'sans rival', 'frappe' etc.

They all taste good but why do all their names sound French? Its like gay language in wrestling. Why can't they be called 'tinapay na may palaman' or 'palaman sa gitna ng tinapay', and 'kalabang araw', even 'meringueng naligo sa whip cream at mani'. By that, product comprehension will be easier and people can easily expect what they are getting.

Why don't I build a cafe with the menu I just produced above? Reason: It would be stupid because one of the few reasons why these cafes exist is their ability to elaborate a person's ability in fancy food talk. Who doesn't want a friend who can translate 'basil salmone terrine' or 'pasta jeux tu amor' into human language?

While I was sitting down at Coffee Break, I had a vision. The cafes of today are cousins of the typical Filipino 'tindahan' where the youth spends most of their waking times doing nothing. Cafes are for young professionals that love to get attention but I couldn't deny the fact that there are some other people who consider cafes as a haven for reading or reviewing or doing other mental work. I know its a 'chillax', laid back place and I am a fan of caffeine, but why stay longer than 3 hours? Is economy the answer? I would understand if the 'tambay' that comes with purchase is actually a fraction of the price. I guess so because I can't tell you Coffee Break is cheap.

BTW: I know cafe is spelled with the other e with the curved line on top but your not the one typing and at the moment, I am not in the mood to look for French letters. And if by any chance you drop by Coffee Break, grab a Sans Rival bar and any cold drink with lots of caffeine. You will thank me. :-)

Failing at diet,
Warped Opinion
Get more updates by clicking here.


And if you like what you see here, don't forget to share. Sharing enlarges your house in heaven! :-)

2 comments:

  1. it's always nice to take a break at some coffee shop =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sipping coffee, sitting and watching people pass by....soooo nice.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts