Pages

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

is now vegetarian

I watched TV and saw a cool guy being interviewed. He was asked what would be his first action if ever he became president for a day. Immediately, he answered that he would want all humans who do bad things to animals be put to death. I was shocked amazed. I do not deny its absurdity but I can't help but agree. I agree so much that then and there I decided to try out being vegetarian.

This would be very hard because in the Philippines, any phenomena is enough reason for shoving meat down throats (which is wonderful for omnivores) - but I love challenges. In fact today, I agreed to go to the public market with my mother to help her decide which foliage to buy for her vegetarian son without really worrying about the amount of carnage there is in a public market. 

I was so into the idea of turning vegetarian that every time a butcher would offer us meat, I would close my eyes to avoid seeing a fraction of something which was once breathing dripping in blood. And the whole time we were in the 'bloody' region of the public market, I turned my head towards the floor, trying to trim off the extreme sides of my vision. Vegetarianism possessed me that if there was only a more dramatic lighting in the rather makeshift public market, I could have collapsed in the center with an ode to dead animals.

In my whole life, I have never felt so scared to be in a public market. Its like every wall has been painted with animal blood. I imagined pain and death being delivered to helpless creatures. My vegetarian mind is also mildly schizophrenic, I said to myself.

Now, I don't understand why meat is so tempting when its on the table. Its amazing how cooking have hidden away the sense of dead animal to it.

I will try being vegetarian for as long as I can and I hope people around me don't confuse my anti-meat diet with just being a picky eater.

I would enjoy if the accent comes with the diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts