Pages

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Recesionista, in brief

One of the few things I remember from childhood is the painful, snappy bite of electrocution.

We have this small version of a refrigerator, the size of a 3-storey stack of textbooks. It opens through a single hinge door on the top side and it was designed to work with the plugs in cars, the ones with the cigarette symbol embossed on its cover (Although I have to note that the lighted cigarette symbol has disappeared through time).

To make the long story short, I converted that small ref into one that could work inside my room using a normal household plug. My materials were wires from a resigned string of Christmas lights, a roll of black electrical tape and an AC-DC adaptor we normally used for an old Gameboy color. My father actually noticed the box working inside my room and suggested we had the small ref's freon be refilled. What he missed was the amount of instances I got electrocuted.

Since I was a kid, I have learned the do's and don'ts but I'm not really sure where this falls:


Internet, meet my laptop adaptor.

I have pulled his cord a little bit too much that he gave up on me about half a year ago. I cut him open, rearranged the wires and wrapped the whole thing in electrical tape. A few months ago, the tape got destroyed so gathering up all the resourcefulness in me, I used my old underwear. It is in this project I realized we needed a new roll of mechanical tape and that I am either clever or just insane. My vote is on the latter.

PS: Do not dare talk about the hygiene involved. It was washed before it was given its new job and bacteria die of electrocution too, don't they?

2 comments:

  1. Hahahaha! Very funny indeed. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @anonymous All the things being bereft will make you do are funny. =)) glad you liked it (assuming. hahaha)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts