Pages

Sunday, May 1, 2011

the longest asian zip line, good laptop speakers and born free

What happened was so cool you can't take a sharp photo.


This zip line in Dahilayan, Cagayan de Oro is 840 meters long, in fact, it is the longest of its kind in Asia. While waiting on the launch pad, I swear I reviewed my list of expletives which I would loosely use whenever the adrenaline is just too much. I'm the type of teenager who would fancy swearing at foliage a hundred feet below me.

While the ear-piercing noise from the gears and metal ropes that held me from falling was terrifying, the whole experience was priceless (although you can have yours for P500). Flying from mountain side to mountain side left me in deep awe that I didn't get to use any of the expletives I rehearsed earlier. Its either the wind was too strong or I was just humbled by the beauty from above  - but whatthehell, it was effing awesome!

********

I arrived in Iloilo about 5:45 AM today. I spent a whole night waiting at the Cebu airport afront two American ladies who enjoy watching movies while deep in sleep. Their laptop speakers were so good I couldn't even take a quick nap. My parents fetched me and they brought me to Jollibee for breakfast. Being alone after two flights and hours of waiting, it felt so good to be home.

The lack of sleep took its toll. After the breakfast until late afternoon was spent drooling and dreaming of aswangs trying to grab me by my feet.

********

The Mactan Int'l Airport in Cebu really enjoys orchestra versions of songs that can make babies cry. I must admit I was humming "Memory" along the string quartets and the rather jerky base lines but I just couldn't stand Born Free. I was still texting a friend about 1:30 AM earlier today, while I was still in Cebu, and that was what kept me sane from being born again into a serial killer.

My parents fetched me at the airport. I sat in our car and what the fuck, its Born Free on the radio. Welcome home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts