Pages

Saturday, May 14, 2011

La Mesa Grill - Iloilo

My brain can't think of anything to write about so, to avoid anymore failures to blog, I present dinner at La Mesa Grill.



La Mesa is a wonderful place - if you belong to a group of noisy, meat-eating friends. 

Its not for intimate dinners or for banquet celebrations of someone's baptismal. Its a place for dinner-before-getting-wasted and reunions. The food, which are all local favorites, are excellent and the menu variations, pricing etc. are well done.

It was someone's birthday and opening it with your declaration of being vegetarian, in a place who prides itself of grilling meat, isn't really a good idea (and this is the spot where some vegetarians are seen as rude and preachy.) I had to eat meat.

So I focused on the seafood. I had little bites of chicken and pork but the volume I consumed of the two combined can still be dwarfed by a 5-year-old's thumb. It was more of tasting than actually eating, just checking if what I remember are still true.

So overall, its a noisy, boisterous restaurant where loud fun will be welcomed. The food is great and the service is not bad either. The place is also cozy but I forgot to take pictures. Simply put, its not worth missing.

La Mesa Grill is open daily, sandwiched between Starbucks and Moon (or is it Mooon) Cafe in SM City Iloilo SouthPoint. SouthPoint is a very tricky name given the building doesn't resemble a point, standing between Plazuela and SM.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts