Pages

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Kpop is an impossible shot for the Philippines

Bryanboy loves to refer to our country as the 'turd' world. It sounds insulting and insensitive given BryanBoy is also a Filipino and is a famous blogger but he can't describe our country any better without lying. There are just so many problems that we can't fix not because we are dumb but because we love to act dumb. It gives anyone the right to call us turds. And even though I try to be the best citizen I can, still in front of me I can see a lot of other people wasting my efforts. The only reason I don't give up is because I love my country. Now the election is over, I hope change will come.

Before change bites, let me rant about one thing that can be described as a fragment of the great turd. The new Ppop industry. Ppop means Pinoy Pop, a name plagiarised from Kpop which means Korean pop. Ppop is supposed to replicate the sales of Kpop bands in the Philippines. Inevitably, Ppop is still trying to climb out of the toilet. In simpler terms, its falling fast.

One Ppop all-boys group which album I have bashed here,  is XLR8 and copying album covers was not enough for them. They had to copy songs.

XLR8's:


SuJu's (original):


Listen to these two songs and you can obviously hear the similarities. Was living in the 'turd' world not enough that they have to fill my ears with 'turd'? The Philippines needs a revolution in its every branch of existence.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts