Pages

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Ode to Sickness

What is the best way to spend lazy days of bed rest? Writing poems, of course!

I looked at the thermometer
Eager to know if I have a fever
I drowned it in my armpit
And waited for a minute

I read the numbers
38.7 degrees Celsius it whispers
Shocked to know I have a fever
But glad it wasn’t from Justin Bieber

I felt the headache
Also the distributed muscle aches
I twisted and turned
Until the most comfortable position I earned

I was in bed for hours
It felt like I was behind bars
The sickness came to stay
I’ll pay just to make it go away!

Its been three days since the day it came
Thank God I feel less lame
But I wonder when I will be
Good as new just like a baby

-Ode to Sickness, an original

2 comments:

  1. haha.. nice one.. get well ya =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @kenwooi thanks! Terimah kasih! are you malaysian? Is Terimah Kasih malaysian or indonesian. Not sure :-)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts