Pages

Friday, October 2, 2009

Some Filipinos Are Stupid

Once upon a time, there was a girl named Inday who took up B.S. Nursing in an unknown school in the mountains of the Philippines. After graduating and passing the exams, she got her Nursing License. Her name was changed to Inday, R.N. She went to an employment agency willing to send her to America for a job at a giant hospital with an even bigger paycheck. After 3 months abroad, her name changed again to Inday Johnsons, R. N. After a few more weeks, it became Mrs. Irene Johnsons, R.N. Her husband killed her.


This is not a factual story, just a work of my imagination. If you have a tita or cousin who suffered the same fate, do not worry. This story is not unique. In fact, I wrote this to generalize the lives of many Filipinos.

I hate it when I see Nursing students because I know after they graduate, they will soon find jobs requiring them to serve other people and not their own country men, all longing to live a happier and fuller life. When asked why they will prefer wiping American asses than Filipino behinds, expect a “The salary’s exponentially greater there [abroad] and our country’s hopeless”.

How dare you say our country is hopeless when you readily gave up on your own motherland? You did not even try. All you want is the benefit of cash. You are all selfish.

That is why I hate nurses, but not only nurses, also engineers, doctors and all other professionals who have never served the Philippines before migrating to their employers. All of them.

In my school, if you tell everyone your going to be a nurse in the future, we laugh at you and YOU WILL LAUGH with us. The profession is a joke to us. Too much controversy, too much sub-standardization, too much students. Too un-Filipino for our taste.

Before posting hate comments, please understand that this is my personal idea and I have activated anonymous commenting for your freedom of speech.

4 comments:

  1. I see you're an intellectual, patriotic and an artist. I visited your photography site. Keep up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for visiting my site! Thank you for the comments also...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good point but do you think every single nurse studied nursing just to work for their country of course primarily yes. But dont you read news, nurses work for free and they pay just to work just for working experience, Abraca-Duh!, you feel going abroad is not nationalistic?, when you dont have food for your family or yourself? is that what you call selfish? think again. We finished a four year course like any of you college passers did and we like to contribute to economy, but what if our country turns its back on us? leaving us jobless and i speak for the 180,000 nurses currently unemployed.. give respect bro. i dont hate you your just wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @anonymous. I re-read my post and I understand how selfish I have been. I'm so sorry for all that got offended and yes, sometimes we can't really choose what we want in times of extreme hardships. This was really one-eyed and written without fairness but just rage over something I didn't fully understand. to those who were offended, I'm sorry. This was written long ago and I won't delete it because it still is part of the archives of my way of thought. I assure you, I have changed.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts