Pages

Saturday, October 24, 2009

Alobijod Cove – October 23-24, 2009

treehouse on rock
The house on top of the rock (obviously)

Me and my 11 other classmates just had a trip to Alobijod Cove to reattach to nature and temporarily escape the hustles of a growing city and a science high school.

We met at our school, 3 o’clock in the afternoon and we arrived at the ferry port near the University of Iloilo at around 4 PM. We braved the waves which were 3 feet tall and 5 feet wide on average to arrive at the Jordan Port. I have to commend the port officials and crew who do their jobs. There is no ferry overloading and they all leave on time so the hassle is kept at the minimum.


The resort arranged a multi-cab which can comfortably accommodate 15 people for 400 Pesos. After half an hour, we were at the resort. I reserved a fan room for 10 (we were 12 but the space would suffice) for 1,000 Pesos and before you can say ‘At last, we arrived safe and sound’ everybody was already wet and wild on the blue waters of the white sand beach.

phil_door
It really felt like we were living in the middle of a
seaside forest there.

Alobijod Cove is a white sand beach resort situated in a small, isolated community 30 minutes away from Jordan, Guimaras. The place was really foreign and it was so secluded that one of my friends just had to compare it to Survivor Philippines except we were not there to suffer but to indulge. With friendly people, cheap room rates, reasonable restaurants and a hospitable atmosphere, I knew it was going to be an ideal getaway.


The weather was good with thick clouds diffusing the harsh sunlight. That is why our skin tone remained neutral and nobody suffered sunburn.
ayanne


At night, floodlights illuminated the beach and lifeguards were alert so we had enough reason to go on night swimming. I slept at around 3 o’clock AM because we all talked about stuff we should have never known about each other if this trip did not happen. It was something about the place or the privacy that made each of us more comfortable in sharing what we have. It felt like we were the only people in the island because aside from our screams and boisterous laughing, it was dead silent.

me_paintball
Paintball gear looks so good on me.

Morning came and we drank some coffee and ate some eggs, rice and corned beef. We cleaned up our bags and left the room, ready to go home. But no, we did not just go to Guimaras for a sleep-over! We were there for adventure we can share so we went to the Adventure Park where I had my first try at the sport called ‘paintball’. It was like Counterstrike but it was in the woods and the blood was washable bright orange paint. I was hit near the ear but it did not hurt. The impact was to fast for me to respond to. I recommend the sport because it gets the soldier in you all fired up and I can honestly say it felt like a real war zone in there.

karl
Some coffee

After paintball-ing, we headed straight to the port and waved goodbye to dear Guimaras. The weather was oddly fine it seemed like Iloilo was gently welcoming us back into her arms. It’s good to be home but its better if you could be away sometimes.

For reservations, I highly suggest you call the resort’s number number: (033) 396-0028. They will arrange the car for you and everything. You can also e-mail them at alobijodcove@gmail.com


bata_edit
This girl here would like to remind you that all the photos on this post are
of my possession. Dare not copy, print, republish them (even with citation)
without written permission or your lawyers will not be happy.




Cards
We played some cards (I'm not in the photo).
I was winning until I started losing.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts