Pages

Saturday, October 3, 2009

Mothers are too good

My mother is old fashioned.

She drinks coffee and goes to church at wee hours in the morning, takes a bath twice or thrice a day, prays the rosary every night, believes in traditions like pasyam and sindak and she trusts Chinese and herbal medicine.

When we eat in a restaurant, my mother always scoops up some of her food and  deposits it on my overflowing platter. When I look at her, annoyed with what she did, she will make an unconvincing face signaling she’s full. I don’t fall for it but the least I can do is appreciate their efforts so let it be.

Sometimes, mothers can be too kind that the children gets so annoyed and learns to hate what they do. Motherhood is a very hard job. You get too kind, your hated. You get unkind, your hated.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts