Pages

Sunday, October 25, 2009

AF-D 50mm f/1.8 on Nikon D40


Just recently, I bought a 50 mm f/1.8 lens from SM City Iloilo that sadly could not do AF on my Nikon D40. I was pretty scared because I did not trust my capability in manual focus mode but my friend from the Team D40 said you can never go wrong with a nifty fifty.


He was right. Now the lens is not going to leave my camera body on normal conditions. I am happy using the very shallow depth of field and if I get my focusing right, I will sure be happy. I do not worry about camera shake because with this lens at full open outdoors, the shutter speed reaches 1/1000 sec. Even motion blurs are gone but I can always lower the ISO to get the blurs I want.

At the first few hours with the lens, I was already getting the hang of it but I was well aware that I was missing some photo moments with manual focusing. It was my first try at MF so you can't really blame me but I trust myself that I can develop my skills through thorough practice.

Here are my sample photos taken with the NIkon AF-D f/1.8 (full review):

DSC_1405_510x768

ayanne

bata_edit

All photos here, except that of the lens, are of my property. Please do not copy, republish, use my photos without my written consent in respect for applicable laws. I worked hard for these.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts