Pages

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

My Project for Biology.

Worked hard for by:

Leo Agustin S. Lutero II

III-Neon

To be equally appreciated and proportionally rated by:

Dr. Edgel Bayag, M. D.

Teacher and a good friend of the biologically challenged

DSC_2148_800x531

1.

The discussion on myocardial infarction or heart attack was the one who hit me hardest sending me to medical outer space. I was touched (or hit in the head) by the spontaneity of the heart attacks. I can’t imagine a person walking down the aisle of mediocrity when suddenly; his heart muscles die out and kill him. Because the Philippines cannot afford good statistics, I had to be nurtured with the math of America. Every year, 1.1 million Americans and Filipino green card holders have heart attacks and 4 out of them die on the spot, as in die in a flick of a wand or in a blow of a candle or in a twinkling of an eye or star or in a count of three.

Weirdly enough today, while I was riding a jeepney, a woman with her daughter was chatting with an old friend she wanted badly to reunite with. When the friend asked him about her children, she reversed her smile and wet her eyes. She lost her husband half a year ago and his eldest son 2 months ago, both because of heart attacks. I felt an urge to tell her 440,000 people die of the same acute disease every year in America only but I remembered I was not the one she was talking to. I flew off the jeep. End of story.

2.

I have a Tita who had a heart bypass millions of centuries ago (exaggeration of before my actual birthday). Does this answer the question?

3.

I’m proud to say none of the diseases have penetrated my family yet, only dengue, amoebiasis and all, but cardiovascular weaknesses? Not in my address.

4.

For the first time, my family’s health status will be a problem. Because of my healthy parents and sisters, I wouldn’t be able to pick out a disease for me to write a paragraph for. I figured out a method to solve this problem, fishbowl. I fairly and squarely picked the easy peasy hypertension, only after six, long tries.

My ill, fictional (IF) parents do not always complain about any symptom of hypertension. They both say it’s a silent, deadly killer like the blond girl in Kill Bill. When they feel something inside of their bodies telling them to grab me and the nearest sphygmomanometer, I know their BPs in the 150/95.

The numerator on their BP tells the pressure of their arteries and veins at contraction and the denominator, at the relaxed state. No wonder the numerator is always bigger. My IF parents’ doctors say their hypertension was most probably caused by blocked arteries and veins on their bodies. Thanks to their fondness to attend fiestas at neighboring barangays and islands. The great lechon is to blame.

5.

For my IF parents, I will help them by enrolling them in Gym programs and feeding them with minimum LDLs. Everything must be healthy for them. If they don’t comply with my dietary orders, I will scare them off with bedtime stories from Revelations of the New Testament. Tell them in detail the pains in purgatory and describe what Satan will do to their behinds all because of not following my rules and regulations in combating their overly pressurized blood vessels.

PS Sorry for the sabbatical I took. Too much drama and work for blogging these days and I have been busy with my inner softball player.

That’s not me in the picture but I’m the one who took it. Don’t dare use this for yourself without my written permission or you’ll rot in jail.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts