Pages

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Wasak Waltz



I was born into consciousness when the Eraserheads (the band, not the music) was already history.

Introduced to their music by a good friend, I got hooked instantly. There was once a time in my life where that friend and I lay down on a cold, tiled floor while the sound system was playing Ligaya. There, we contemplated on how unlucky we are that we live in the time of the post-Eraserhead revolution. It was depressing as hell.

Depression was only cured by the fact that all the members are still alive and kicking and are still making music.

One particular song is currently on my replay. Its Wasak Waltz, track number 8 in Ely Buendia's (Vocalist of Eraserheads) and Francis M.'s (pioneer Pinoy rapper) album I.L.A.W. (In Love And War). Listen to it and I promise you, you'll feel happier immediately after. It is a certified ear canal drug.

UPDATE: A friend told me that Sir Ely Buendia would be shooting a music video for Wasak Waltz. I saw the tweet and he sure knows how to keep his fans happy. I will be watching out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts