Pages

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Clouds are demons

The wet scene. Our plane: Zamboanga bound for Manila.

Before I knew about the whole concept of gory death, I was fond of thinking that clouds were just huge cotton balls of purity and joy floating gracefully over crap that is earth. 

Now, I have a twisted, less superficial understanding of clouds. Clouds are demons. They cause turbulence and no matter how pure and gentle-looking they are, they want your soul. They shake your plane and scare the bejesus out of you. They feed on fear and life taken by fear, just like some people.

My flight from Zamboanga to Manila was terrible. There were parts where I get to ask myself if it was really a plane ticket that my mother purchased or was it boarding passes for a cheap roller coaster ride. Poor first-time fliers. They were terrified. I was scared too but I remained poised. I researched a lot about flight safety beforehand just to calm down little panic attacks.. A woman, clearly visible from where I sat, looked like she was raped after the extreme turbulence, complete with facial expressions, shaking and an almost useless set of clothes. Clouds are demons, I tell you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts