Pages

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Over With UPCAT

I took the University of the Philippines College Admission Test (UPCAT) this early  morning (like 6.30 AM early) and it was trying! Imagine being stuck in an auditorium with over 100 equally spaced teenagers who can go on living for hours without talking. My big mouth and my unprecedented adrenaline rushes were nuisance for the whole day (as if they aren't on normal days)!

I decided to wear my ammonia finished red long sleeves, white skinny jeans, a black-strapped watch and red/white canvas sneakers. I had to wear these things I have ignored for so long. The whole day, I stood out in an awkward manner but I enjoyed the attention. Some where amused, some where terrified. I was lucky nobody was violent or "bull"-ish in the event. I could have been dead meat. The color red is really annoying if you are under pressure. Plus, it reminds you of teachers. They use the color to indicate your wrong answers.

The arsenal.


I also had my black leather (hopefully faux) messenger bag which carried a bottle of water, some Crayola Twistables (I don't enjoy sharpening pencils, this is innovation) and a 0.3 Pilot G-Tech Pen (became a personal favorite since sophomore year). I also had two servings of Del Monte Fruit Mix. The thought of being able to eat healthy boosts my confidence. 

The exam was okay. While taking it, I realized the worth of learning all the hard lessons in the past three years of my Pisay life. After the exam came the problem. There was a lot of drama that shook me inside and out. I don't want to share it because some things are to be kept personal.

Well, everything happens for a reason. The drama was probably for something I wanted for so long. I was lucky to even get a discount!


This day was the closest I got to living a soap opera.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts