Pages

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Playing MP3s in Fedora the Easy Way

MP3 support is unfortunately not included in the Fedora package because MP3 is not a free file type. In humanity, every good idea just needs to come with a price tag (except everything open-source, of course!). I have looked over the internet for ways of playing MP3 files on my Fedora 12 and unfortunately, all of those tutorials I have seen required at least a month of experience with Fedora. Its been at most 5 days since I had Fedora so I am still a dumb 'behind' with the terminal and yum instalment stuff.

Because I am kind and I'm trying to build the biggest mansion in heaven, I will be sharing the easiest way to play MP3s in your Fedora. You'll need two things though, the ability to locate the System - Administration - Add/Remove Software  application and the luxury of time (about 10 minutes).

1. Search for Audacious. Audacious like every Linux app is for free and is a minimalistic, Winamp-ish player. If you find it, install it of course!

2. Unfortunately, every blessing doesn't come at a move so there is a need for a second move. Now, you need to look for the Audacious plug-in that helps the program read mp3s. Its fairly easy to locate. Just maximize the picture to see my search term.


Voila, you can now start boring holes into your eardrums! Don't forget to give me thank you's in the comments. They make my mouth and heart smile. :-|...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts