Pages

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Lucky, Lucky Me


I went into Starbucks (Iloilo) today to get a caffeine kick and something to chew while I read Jodi Picoult's "Handle with Care". I was pleased to know they can use soy milk for brews for a small fee. The cashier smiled when their machine's printer started spitting out a long receipt for my routine Caramel Macchiato for "David".

"Congratulations sir. You won a coupon for a free drink next time you come around. Just go to our website..."

Her voice trailed off as I contemplated on how the cosmos had been especially kind to me for the past few days.

"These coupons come up randomly and rarely.Congratulations again, sir!"

I felt the Starbucks crew was almost genuinely happy for me. Its just I have been very lucky lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts