Pages

Thursday, May 5, 2011

The one who teaches you to drive.

Just finished my hours 3to 4 of driving and because my driving instructor carries my life in his hands during class time, I think it would be proper if I create a post about him.

My driving instructor is about as tall as I am if not slightly shorter. It is easy to assume that he sleeps with his hair arranged in a rather death metal sort of way. The longest strands (of his hair) are at most one and a half inches long but the attitude just isn’t as short. His eyes are brown and look rather piercing.

He probably enjoys teaching a dimwit like me. Not more that once he openly declared that he enjoyed the attention we get on highways, when I nearly kill the three of us in the car and every person on the street stares at the teaching vehicle I drive. “Artista ta ya subong. Kita mo, tanan sila gatulok! (We are celebrities. See, all of them are looking at us!)". Obviously, he doesn't mind the risk he took when he let me behind the wheel.

I really like his approach towards unruly drivers. I regretfully have to accept the fact that a lot of motorists are frustrated drag racers and adrenaline junkies. Whenever a car tries to overtake us in an improper fashion or someone's driving etiquette towards other cars is just unrefined, he will reach out for the car horns and press the hell out of it! While the horns blow, he will point his finger to the other repulsive car while trying to burn a whole through the nose bridge of the driver with his eyes. Its just epic and if I didn't value my own life, I could have laughed my breath away.
When the traffic gets tough, he will chant "Clutch down full" repeatedly in an alert, panicky way that gets to my bones. Whenever I hear "Clutch down full", I instantly have the urge to depress whatever colorful button on the dashboard is or kick on the gas pedal. His chant drives me nuts and the one other person who can do the same to me with words is my supernanny.

He is always correct. If you question him ... well, you don't question him. He is always correct and I am not trying to get to any other point but HE IS ALWAYS CORRECT.


I like my driving instructor. He makes driving worthy of actually going to school for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts