Pages

Monday, April 4, 2011

Warning: Gore and Stupidity


This is a gory true story. It just happened. Stop reading if you can't take it anymore.

I just learned the proper term is rhino-sinusitis. Its a rhinoceros in one or both of your sinusitis. Imagine and you will get the picture. Pressure, headache, body ache and an annoying, constant feeling of something is wrong. I just got so full of the symptoms of this rhino-sinusitis plus I can't find my remedy which is Nasonex that my brain started to spiral down into madness.

" I felt like I was in a jungle, far from any other human. No help. Just me - with a rhinoceros up my nose. I knew it would be my last night if I did nothing. So I grabbed a small Cetaphil bottle just like the one pictured above (I don't know why this jungle had Cetaphil bottles), cleaned the remains of the cleansing solution and started to gather my courage. I filled it halfway with distilled water, which was surprisingly available right on the center of a cluster of mahogany trees (although I had to wrestle with a unicorn to get it). A jar of salt was to my right so I pinched some salt and put it in the Cetaphil bottle.

I shook the bottle. It was life-changing. Every thrust, back and forth, of the bottle hollered my will to live. I'm going to live. I'm going to survive this jungle.

Then I popped the cap open, pushed it agains my left nostril, bent my head and started pumping the water, hoping it will reach my sinuses. I never had any medical training and I don't know where I got the idea of seawater up your sinuses will heal sinusitis. But it did. Now I feel brand new. "

No. I am not crazy. Somewhere in the four units of biology I took in high school, I learned that salt-washing your sinuses is good (totally unsure). If it is not, I wonder why I feel brand new right now. Apparently it was a good move. If this gets worst tomorrow, I might have to eat my words.

Please don't do this to yourself. Be happy you are not me.

1 comment:

Popular Posts