Pages

Monday, April 18, 2011

Movie rush

Its been at least a decade since my family leased something from a movie rental store.

There is a Movies 'n More branch inside SM City Iloilo so using my Student Driver's permit and school ID, I applied for membership and left the store six movies richer.
The movies:

Part 1. The DVDs
NOY - Dondon S. Santos

My family were supporters of Noynoy Aquino during the past election that we could have tied yellow ribbons around all our limbs to show our support.Too bad the ribbon makers couldn't catch up.
It is about cameraman Noy who is assigned to document the rise of his namesake and top presidential bet Sen. Noynoy Aquino. There was a lot of talk about the movie but I never really got myself into watching it. Maybe because we were too happy over our presidential bet's victory that a movie house is just too quiet.



iWITNESS - Kara, Jay, Sandra, Howie

This is a collection of four Filipino documentaries. I enjoy local documentaries because Animal Planet, Discovery Channel and National Geographic never show scenes I can probably see in the future myself.

CONFESSIONAL - Jerrold Tarug and Ruel Dahis Antipuesto

The concept, revealed in the notes at the back cover, is that a politician (supposedly dying) reveals all his evil secrets to a small-time filmmaker. Isn't that new locally? At least in my lifetime?

It is co-directed by Jerrold Tarug who also directed 'Senior Year' which I wanted to see badly but couldn't because it is just not available. I hate the reason 'because it is just not available'. Sounds like I am doomed. 


Part 2. The VCDs

I don't really understand why I hear a lot of people complaining about having to change disks in the middle when using VCDs. Its OK if you nag about the quality but not with the disk-changing. Addiction to convenience is a very expensive vice.

MY SISTER'S KEEPER - Nick Cassavetes

I heard its a tearjerky. I am looking forward to shedding a few tears. Toy Story 3 made me cry buckets, this, I foresee, will probably extract from my eyes a Nile River.

REIGN OVER ME - Mike Binder

Reminds me of the "Pursuit of Happyness", which I loved.

INKHEART - Iain Softley

Because I never had the chance to read the book.


Now, I could be off to removing myself from the real world and into the cathode rays of our antique TV set. Goodbye real world.

But I remember, before that, I must learn the adverse effects of too much coffee. Because I like caffeine during movies, especially when they are boring because after a few sips, you find yourself believing that what's keeping you up is what you are watching. Fooling yourself is the best way out of a problem. Well, not really.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts