Pages

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Lately...

Street Photo Iloilo 1

I have been feeling de-inspired lately. Not sure if it is real or if it is just an excuse I unconsciously cooked while in the search for the reason on why my grades are rolling off the hill into purgatorio.

Here is a slight exaggeration on my current status: My grades are FAILING. I would be glad to earn a 2.5 after all this second quarter ordeal. My hopes of entering the top universities here in the Philippines are quickly fading. Do you know that 60% of a UP admission score comes from the high school report card? I could settle with CPU or UA and P. All my dreams of stepping on the same handful of sand the Eheads stepped on years ago are all gone to the furnace of my own shortcomings, all gone. Sob, sob, sob …

Even worse, the school’s internet is testing my patience. I’m having the elevator disease with it, clicking the link or hitting ‘Enter’ a thousand times hoping it would make everything go faster.

My life is not really the way I want it right now, it’s starting to prefer the opposite ways, going through every possible hole that can make my journey longer and darker. Soon enough I will be free. Soon enough… like this Saturday. My parents are planning to send me out of the dorm and deposit me to a real house here in Iloilo. No more limits in laptop use, higher bandwidth with less users, real food and no more cheap fast food, all of it on its way and will hopefully reach me this Saturday.

“Free at last, free at last” – Martin Luther King, Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts