Pages

Friday, September 4, 2009

The Youth and Recession

I have seen boatloads of opinions on how the youth doesn't care about global recession because they are too busy fluffing their hair or toning their biceps. As a member of the accused, I investigated. I opened my eyes to the world around me and observed if the youth actually felt the recession.

I saw YOUTH of all sorts. Some live their life in terms of text messaging, others preferred Facebook-ing or Tweeting. I saw some eating their way to maturity while others, like myself, decided to stay youthful. I overheard some talking about their hot opposite sex who just smelled so good, unaware of loosing their conservative Filipino identity.

FINALLY, after a painstaking 10 minutes of panning and searching, I saw the effects of recession with youth as the media. I saw a couple of young girls in their sweet 16's wearing very mini skirts and tight shirts with zero disgrace. The lesser the surface area of the fabric, the cheaper it gets. They embrace their fates with utmost glamor. They may have cut off the "excess" fabric and created another pair of pants with it. Ingenious and economical.

My peer suggests the girls wanted to seduce every male on the vicinity. For the love of Rizal, your ideas are CRAZY! Come on, Filipinas don't do that! They keep their belly buttons to themselves and their legs to the bathroom tiles. That could not be the reason. THAT IS CULTURALLY IMPOSSIBLE!

A friend pinched me and I woke up into reality. Reality where there is no more Maria Clara, no more intellectual Miriam Defensor, no more intelligent Jose Rizal, no more brave Bonifiacio, no more real Filipino inside all of us. With economics, our culture faltered.

All we can do is hope and pray that when all of this ends, promiscuity goes to purgatory.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts