Pages

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Thursday makes the dorm an asthmatic's hellhole

I really hate Thursday nights, the nocturne period where everybody just had to clean their rooms. All cobwebs must be brushed off, the floor should be free from particulate matter and everything must be ooh so shiiinny.

I have asthma. I had it since my first breath. Its a curse because in the dormitory, no sensitive trachea can save your soul from your dusting chores. All you have to do is use your inhaler and keep on coughing. Tolerate the physical terror or stay in the dorm for the whole weekend for not following the dorm rules. My brain suggest I wear a mask but come on, when did masks become aesthetically pleasing? They'll just fatten up my face and hide my mouth with blue fabric. Dormers may seem like lab rats but the dormitory is not an experimental stage, it is a structural blessing, so I am in no position to wear protective gear.

I have one freshie and two sophies as roomies so I'm basically a lucky junior. Nobody would dare ask me to clean the study table, empty the trash can, sweep the floor or even turn off my electric fan to avoid particulate dispersion. All my cleaning chores should be done without peer pressure, just personal initiative.

My asthma is genetic. I was born by a sickly gene pool and I am a product of disease. When S. aureus and the retrovirus collided, I materialized. I currently have athritis but the pain activates only when I consume vast amounts of animal fat. I also have some irregular motility and sleeping problems. My diet is also irregular. Although a STD is not on my list, I'm guessing I'll eventually catch a curable one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts