Pages

Thursday, September 17, 2009

A Day With My Parents

I love it when my gene donors (parents) are around. It makes me look forward to dismissal (as if I don't everyday). Knowing that my mother and father is within a 10-kilometer radius makes me happy and more hyperactive.

This day, me and my parents are to journey through the city for food and a pair of shoes. My mother decided that the new and improved Perri Todd's diner could feed us tonight.

09162009(001)_800x600

We ordered a giant hamburger, the ones they were famous for. One the photo above is a quarter of the original burger.Look at the size of that thing! Take into consideration that the spoon in the foreground is of the same size with your normal spoon. I finished half of the burger. I have not eaten lunch and dinner so I deserved it.

09162009(003)_800x600

I also dared to try out the (direct quote from the waiter) "pasta in red sauce". I don't remember the name but it was Italian and it had an "r". Italian, my earwax. It tasted more like Italian sand if you ask me, but who cares, their burger rocked.

Lubricants for my gastrointestinal tract was also necessary so I had to order a drink. I chose iced tea over the bottled soft drinks. I could not handle a pH 4 stomach after the dinner.

09162009(005)_450x600

Their iced tea was served in dippers. See the fatness of that 8-inch tumbler? But then again, I finished it all.

The next thing to do was too look for a new pair of school shoes. My old shoes gave up, suffered a small tear and it was more white than black because the leather chipped off over time.

I love buying things with my mother. She gives comments from 20 years ago. Her ideas are classic so I was pretty sure she was an expert in school shoes buying.

I had three choices: two from Hush Puppies and two from Sketcher's.

Of course, my mother was with the Hush Puppy. It looked very formal and appropriate for school but I wanted something different. I eyed on the Sketcher's while saying my goodbyes, I knew she wouldn't let me have that one and I agreed with her.

09162009(007)_450x600

Well, it all had to come to an end. They brought me back to the dorm. I don't want to remember this part anymore.....

1 comment:

  1. i'd also go for Hush Puppies, To. i remember Nanay buying me my first pair in Grade 4. nice, comfy, brown loafers. *hugs and kisses* from me and Mia

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts