Pages

Friday, September 18, 2009

The 6-Yr Old Erap Fan


It started Kinder 2 (circa 2001 A.D. ) when I first became an Erap fan. It was the height of Erap's fame. Everybody just had to blaspheme Erap. They believed he deserved it, but not I. I stood with him, though he does not know me well during those years (until now).

I was 6 or 7 back then. I was young so nobody believed me even my teacher that time. Here is an actual conversation as I remembered it (translated from Ilonggo) :

Me: Erap! Erap! Erap!
Teacher: Gloria! Gloria! Gloria! Erap is corrupt, he deserves jail!
Me: Erap! Erap! (silently curses the teacher) Erap! Erap! Erap! Erap! . . . .

I hope my teacher reads this.

You see, Ma'am? I told you Erap's not going to die before the next or the next after the next election! He's going to live ,maybe not for forever, but he will run for president again for the sake of my loyalty to him.

I was below 10 but I pledged my soul to politician. What a sad, sad life I have. I trusted him too soon without even being able to read his name or anyone's name at all from a newspaper. I should have known what happened or what those newspapers say.

Now, Erap's starting his chain of law suits. First, between him and the tycoon who claimed he was tortured and next, the Philippine Daily Inquirer.

God bless him with that. If he's gonna run for elections, he better make friends and not judicial archenemies. Excuse me, its a giant national newspaper company you are quarelling with. The word 'newspaper' rhymes with 'publicity', remember?

But that is what attracted me to him, he is brave. Brave enough to face a nation running after him. Brave enough to accept all the blows without fighting back like a shallow, stupid, unpresidentiable, etiquette-less ball of flesh. He doesn't care if his image is pooped on, at least the truth will prevail.

I am still with you Erap, I assure you!

Bad news: Dear Erap, I'm only 15 years old so you can't be sure you have a sure one on your ballot count, sorry age doesn't lie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts