Pages

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Use Smart Money to Verify Paypal-Philippines

I recently recieved an e-mail from one of my friends that Smart Telecommunications, Inc. is now opening their doors to PayPal with Smart Money. Here is a tutorial on how to add your Smart Money Card to your Paypal account.

What will you need:

1. A Smart Money card with the starting number 5299. Mine is the new blue and white one.

2. The Smart Sim linked to your card. Check your Smart menu, open Smart money and look for the Internet Txns Menu (If it is not present, call the Smart Money helpdesk and request for your Internet Txns activation). Phone must be online during the process with a minimum of 5 Pesos load.

3. A Paypal.com account, verified or not.


What to do:

1. Log in to your Paypal.com account.

2. Click on the Get verified link at your account main page.

3. Insert your Smart Money Card details.

4. Before hitting submit, on your cell phone go to Smart Money, click Internet Txns, select unlock and pick the card name, enter your w-pin and when you recieve the confirmation of the unlocking, hit the Submit button on your Paypal account.

5. If the registration is successful you will recieve a text message on your Smart Cellphone with text like P*XXXX. That XXXX is your confirmation code. Enter that to your Paypal credit card confirmation interface which is accessible by dashbord/ account mainpage.

6. Voila, your verified! Always remember that after every online transaction, Smart Money automatically locks your account so don't forget to unlock every transaction to avoid delay.

More good news? This new feature is also available to almost all online check-outs with credit/debit card support. All you have to do is unlock your card everytime you have to use it for online purposes.
Good day and comment me for more questions.


19 comments:

  1. Hi, thanks for this useful information. just a question on the Smartmoney card, is it necessary that i should have an available balance from my Smartmoney before doing this verification procedure? thanks in advance..

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, Bill.

    Paypal withdraws 2 dollars from your card and returns the amount after the verification process.

    Your always welcome!

    -Leo Lutero (WarpedOpinion.com)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,

    I think Paypal has updated their Get Verified page.

    It has 2 options now:
    Link My Bank Account
    Link My Card

    which one should I use?

    If I chose Link My Bank Account. I get some field names "Bank Name" and "Bank Code"

    Is your method still applicable?

    Thanks .. it's been 2 weeks now and I haven't been able to link my BPI to Paypal .. so I think I have to try Smart Money way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. at Jayson you can link BDO bank account to paypal and make it verified...EON takes year (only 3-4 weeks) before you can get one hehehe..for detailed info check the step by step guide here http://amazingthingsonline.net/pinoy-make-money-online/how-to-verify-paypal-philippines

    ReplyDelete
  5. can u use smart money card to withdraw cash from your paypal account?

    ReplyDelete
  6. wats is the bank code for smart money card?tnx

    ReplyDelete
  7. sir, this is what paypal says after i tried verifying it.
    "This credit card has been denied by the bank that issued your credit card. For details on why your card was denied, please contact your credit card issuer's customer service department. Or, you may want to try adding a different credit card."
    ideposited 2000 pesos earlier in my smart money. but paypal wont accept it.
    do i still have to check on BDO or smartmoney for foreign exchange transaction?
    tnx!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i just got my smart money card this afternoon, soon after i had it activated and deposited 200o pesos. do i need to wait for some time to make it ready for online transaction?
    i unlocked it, and i got the confirmation message but still it wont confirm.
    tnx in advance!

    ReplyDelete
  9. @jumbim
    I retried several times too before my card got accepted.... Could you try again tomorrow? remember to unlock first before verifying. Also check your Smart Money balance if you are really already activated and if your money pushed through. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. r card has been confirmed how can u withdraw ur money from paypal to ur smart money card?tnx

    ReplyDelete
  11. after ur card has been confirmed how can u withdraw ur money from paypal to ur smart money card?tnx

    ReplyDelete
  12. nagtry ako mag register sa paypal, using my smart money card.... unable daw... hndi daw open ung smart money card ko for online transactions... pano ba yon?... ung card ko nag sisimula sa 5299.. latest naman un diba? someone help me please...

    ReplyDelete
  13. please do step no. 4 again. You need to unlock the card

    ReplyDelete
  14. i'm still stuck with the promp message 'denied by your bank'.. after several trials, what should i do??? and how to withdraw funds using the same smart money card?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi again,

    As per your advice I got a smart sim and applied for a smart money card and used it to verify my paypal, but I got this message:

    “We were unable to verify this credit card. Please check if the information you entered is correct. If the problem persists, please try to enter a different credit card.”

    I’m sure I followed the procedure correctly, I was able to unlock the smart money card for internet use and even got sms confirmations. I also got an sms that P45.22 was deducted from my smart money for purchase at PAYPAL merchant. But I didn’t get the EXPUSE number to confirm my card in Paypal. I did this twice, so twice din ako nabawasan ng P45.22 but I keep getting the same message:

    “We were unable to verify this credit card. Please check if the information you entered is correct. If the problem persists, please try to enter a different credit card.”

    and still no EXPUSE number. What happened?? Please help! Parang lumalaki na gastos ko just to get to my Paypal balance :( Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. after mo ma-link yung smart money mo, pwede ka na mag withdraw straight from PP funds to smart money? and if so, magkano yung transaction fee? thanks

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts