Pages

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Kimmy Dora: Eugene Domingo takes center stage


I promised myself to watch the movie and see how Eugene fairs as the lead actress with two characters to play at the same time. I was not disappointed but I was not really amazed either.

For starters, the storyline.
The classic archetypes were present. A clueless chimay was there, kidnappers were also there and of course, a heart attack of a beloved when when tension arises between his two loved ones occured.

Unfortunately, they had to include a song number with Kimmy and Dora singing at the end of the movie that flashed a photo of Redford White in front of my face.

Second, the script.
It was nothing special. I can't remember a special line in the movie I can keep and carry with me all throughout my existence. But I enjoyed some of them like "Ano kaya yung Ebola virus, mas malaking ipis?" or "Hindi ka bobo, slow ka lang" It might not sound funny when you read it but try watching the movie and I'm sure you will have heartburn while laughing.

Third, the direction.
Remember Agent X44 or D' Anothers. It's all the same thing from the forever mainstream movie director Joyce Bernal. She did not develop a new concept or method in the movie, it was a typical Bernal film.

The cast.
Here's something new, Eugene Domingo for the first time,playing the lead role,two times over. She plays both the twins and she rocked her first spotlight although she has to develop some aspects that will make Eugene, the star and not as Eugene, the star's sidebar gadget. She can act, that's a no brainer but she lacks comething which I am sure could be filled in anytime soon. Her 'adlibs' (by the way I saw it) were hilarious. Her natural aptitude for pun creation was evident.

The supporting actors and actresses were also good but Eugene made it possible to keep the eyes on her. The names Regine Velasquez, Ruffa Mae Quinto, Vhong Navarro or Dingdong Dantes did not come close with stealing her spotlight, Domingo kept it to herself for the movie's duration.

Verdict: Go watch the movie, its worth your 100 Pesos. Don't expect to laugh your popcorn out while watching the movie, the hearty laughter came after the viewing. When you have to remember everything that happened in the movie, you will really L-O-Loud, trust me. This is based on personal experience.

Note: For families, watch out. I considered some of the Filipino words used taboo. If your family is a great believer in (Human Reproductive) Biology and uncorrupted, do not fear, friend.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts