Pages

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

This Is It


Before I proceed to giving my insights on the movie, let me share the environmental factors which may have affected my reactions:

The woman directly in front of me, probably in her thirties, was singing out loud and she was clapping along with the people on the show. Just imagine MJ singing ‘I’ll be there’ while some woman inches from you is singing her own version with an extreme tribal influence and in a language that died centuries ago. I felt like it was proper to kick her head and bless her with a hemorrhage but I remember that I was against violence so let it be. I was also considering that she might have been an avid fan but after sometime, I agreed that that did not give her the right to destroy my viewing pleasure. Maybe next time I go to see a movie (especially musicals), I’ll watch out for that curly haired woman with the large trachea. Also, I have bad cough so my standards are ultimately higher. You know people who are sick, they get discontented fast.

Now, moving on, the documentary did not really revolve around Michael Jackson. After the film, I was still illiterate about where MJ was born and raised and when he started appearing on TV. The film showed how MJ was a professional, how he connected with his music and how he rehearsed. The film was like a lengthened credit for the concert MJ should have done. The film also gave focus on the technological magic you can do when your show is heavily funded. I enjoyed watching how the people prepared the stage, how the stage worked like a giant robot in the shape of a platform, how they used green screen to shoot the small video clips that were to be played during every song. It was like Hollywood magic all on stage.

The music (in Dolby Surround) was breathtaking; the star was the King of Pop after all.

The proceeding of the movie was ok but after the first 45 minutes, I got bored. I did not know why but there was some problem with the songs. The editor seemed to put them all together all at once that it seemed like I was watching karaoke together with the woman in front of me.

My suggestions:
Watch the movie if you want to see MJ do his thing on rehearsals with no script. If you also (miss him and would) love to see him play around with his voice and dance impromptu, go get your ticket (I got mine for 120 Pesos).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts