Pages

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Photoshoot Tomorrow

Outdoor Portrait Practice @ 2009.09.12
I hope I can take something like this for tomorrow. A natural pose, a nice DOF and diffused light.

Tomorrow I’m going to take portraits of the scholars who made it into the Director’s List for the Recognition Program (there would be around 40 to 50 of them) and to prepare for the event, I researched on tips and simple guides from professionals who have put up their own helpful websites so I could come as professional as possible:


1. Use a long lens. Avoid using lenses below 70mm and prefer the 100mm-120mm range for portraits and keep apertures at f/4. The background will be separated from the subject with low DOF, enough only for the person’s thickness (that sounded weird). The long lens also allows a large amount of space for your subject to move freely in with no evident space constraints that can limit their freedom of physical expression.

2. Avoid direct sunlight. I’m on novena that tomorrow will be a cloudy day. Clouds are good diffusers, they take out the harsh shadows on photos took under sunlight. And because I don’t want using fill-in flash (or any type of flash), it’s either the clouds will show up or I will hide in the shadows to keep my photos well-exposed.

3. Use white balance grey cards. I don’t have one so I have no choice but to skip this. Where can I buy those relatively cheap cards here in Iloilo? By the professionals, they sound so useful.

4. Enjoy. I will be shooting for no sad occasion so I must put my social skills to the test. Candid photos with authentic smiles always shine out from the pack of posed photos.

I will keep my fingers crossed and wish me luck!

Get more updates by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts