Pages

Saturday, November 7, 2009

The Jogging Diaries

My jogging track is the perimeter of the rectangular grass field
two buildings to the right of the sky blue swimming pool


To my personal dismay, I broke my promise on my previous entry. I vowed that I would wake up early and I would jog the track (pictured above) but nature planned that my body would sleep for 3 hours more than 6 AM. So to make up my deficiency, I decided to jog on the evening when the sun is out, the sky is dark and this body is in good physical mood.

I started with cleaning my camera equipment. I decided to bring the gear with so me so I will be able to try night photography with the long exposures, stability issues etc. but I later decided I would not want jogging around with a bag hitting my waist every step of the long way so the camera had to stay home. (That is one tip for joggers, don't bring anything on bags)

The genesis of the jogging was not at all pleasing. Two girls who were fresh into puberty were shouting at me, "Hoy, Mike! Bugalon oh! Hoy, Mike!(M-I-K-E! What a snob. ! M-I-K-E!)". They probably thought that I was named Mike and I remember that I thought they were stupid. Stupid to the point that they were willing to shout out loud, in populated places, the names of people who had a look-a-like in their 5 km. radius.

Well, I wouldn't call the routine jogging, It was more of reconnection to the earth. I walked, ran sometimes, waved my hands around as if shooing off the fats that clinged on my upper arms, looked around as if it was my first time to see leaves and cement roads at night.

After the whole nocturnal exercise, I recounted the total times I revolved around the track. 1...2... THREE. Three times have I walked around the giant walk with my own two legs while sweating like a roasted pig. Now I deserve to go home, take a bath and get a good nights sleep. While I was walking home, I saw my mother drive-by and she picked me up. It felt really nice being inside a car again after the long walk but the nothing can beat the fresh air of the night sky.

I'm sorry, I have to end this entry here. I just took my medicines and my fingers are starting to get uncontrollable. Its hard to press the small keypad buttons. When I become a million pesos richer, I would order a custom made 5 by 13 meter keyboard set.

Get more updates by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts