Pages

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Coexistence does not exist

Let's hear Christine's(happyslip) thoughts on spider encounters

I have a fear of spiders. It started out when I was a young child of about 10 years old. I was a gigantic fan and sought after event organizer of spider duels on barbecue sticks. Everyday at our terrace, I would congregate a crowd of children my age (plus minus 9) for the spider duels. There was no monetary betting but the sight of your fighter dying under the opponent's 8 legs and 2 fangs is emotional torture. I was so addicted to the arachnidal wrestling that I even ask several peers to catch spiders for me. They would immediately oblige (I was like a king back then). My parents were also giving maximum support that my spider case was even made by the top carpenter in the vicinity. Pacquiao has boxing to dominate, I had the daily spider duels to rule.



One day, before the daily fight commenced, I was warming up my red spider (called tigre or something locally). It was the star. It had long and strong legs, a healthy body and active disposition. I was excited for the next fight because deep inside I knew I was going to win. No doubt. The red spider have not failed me yet and the opposing team is a well known loser.

While I was making my spider run to and fro a barbecue stick (which was the training arena for our eight-legged fighters), I suddenly noticed it was floating in midair, moving towards my eyes. My pupil dilated and everything went clear. I saw all the horrible spider details. The fangs, the eyes, the mucus that slimed their mouths. It was so devastating that I panicked. The spider reached my brow and it drove its fangs into my young flesh. I felt the pain so I retaliated by killing the spider in between my feet and the floor. It was major trauma. Since then, every time I see a spider, only two choices exist. Either the spider dies or I leave.

As a 15 year old supposedly mature being, I still have not let go of my fear.

When I entered the bathroom, I saw a big spider. It was so massive it could hug a rat. I got really scared but my bladders are telling me I should pee immediately or they would do suicide. I thought about releasing my urine on alternate place. I shouted out for help and my knight in shining sandals, Bon, appeared from the dark and killed the monster spider. My bladders de-pressured and I was safe from UTI. God bless Bon!




Get more updates by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts