Pages

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Back to School Spending

Optional to read:
Its the second day of school and I have to handle a group of nine freshmen. I had to guide them through all the activities of the Freshmen Orientation Program (FOP) and it was very tiring. I am very beat up and sleepy but as testimony to my commitment to be a better blogger, I drank brewed coffee with less sugar. Its to keep me awake for as long as this blog post is over with.

By now, you know that school is back early. Same as every year and every student, I need to purchase stuff for schooling. Others refer to it as "Back to School Shopping" but I prefer to call it "Hours of decision making on how to spend cashed human labor: School Supplies edition". I enjoy abusing my right of being unique.

Photo 1.1 What I bought were nothing fancy and it took
me under an hour to meet with the cashier.

Photo 1.1 Here are (from top left to the right ) my new intermediate pad paper, a pre-covered spring notebook with 'You can lead a horse to the river but you can never lead the horse to drink(it reminds me that the teachers don't do the learning for me)', a binder notebook with May The Force Be With You (MTFBWY) print and a ziplock pencil case on the back, a Neil Gaiman 'Stardust' in paperback and a Get into the Green Scene notebook bought entirely because of guilt.


I am not really interested in discussing the other stuff. But I am very willing to talk about the Stardust book which I have been staring at for weeks already. I have only read one Gaiman book which was The Graveyard Book and I am already assured that 400 Pesos spent on a fraction of Gaiman's brain is worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts