Pages

Sunday, September 12, 2010

UST Entrance Exams and more


Last night, I jogged a few kilometers and even moved almost in time with Billy Blank's classic video-taped Tae Bo sessions. I was doing all these for two separate purposes -  one, to lose weight and two, to be stressed out and hopefully earn a comatose-deep sleep for the UST Entrance exams the next day. I sweat out a lot of fat last night that I easily regained with a bowl of rice and a fatty pork soup of some sort and I learned that minor muscle cramps and pains don't help when you're trying to sleep. My efforts were rude and they flew out the window instantly.

I woke up the day of the exams and I was shook into consciousness with a gut feeling that something is wrong... Nobody woke me up! Its either because zombies attacked my housemates while I was sleeping or I, least likely, woke up very early. I looked at the time. 6:30!!! The exams will start in 30 minutes and I am still fresh from bed in my pajamas. I rushed into the kitchen and I saw a scene that gave me a sucker punch. My mother was sitting on a chair watching TV, having casual talk with my guardian like nothing is in schedule. I immediately reminded them that today was the UST exams and they told me they know but they thought its not going to start until 8. Good Lord, is this a sign!?!?

I rushed into the bathroom naked and got a sad excuse for a bath, brushed my teeth, gargled on mouthwash and rushed into the car my mother will bring me with to Angelicum Iloilo. The few drops of mouthwash I swallowed were my only breakfast. I was hungry but I didn't care. My only goal then was to defeat all the negative elements and to take the exam. I want to pass the UST exams because just in case I fail in all others or if I decide to finally sell my soul to being a medical doctor. I have this belief that they have the best Med school in the Philippines.

The exam started at 8:30 AM. Before that, I was already looking for the people who told me that the exams would start at 7 AM because they/he/she/it put me into cramming hell as a good morning. 

The exams were beautiful, not that tormenting and not that boring either, plus we had a really cool proctor. After the exams, we got a folder (pictured above) and a bookmark as giveaways. Look how some few free stuff erase the scars of a bad morning. Amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts