Pages

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Obsessed with Beauty

It was already dark on my way home when I saw a spaceship tricycle. It had high-frequency blue lights everywhere that I swear it would almost look like a ball of burning ethanol from afar, all the other parts that were not covered with blue LED was black metal. It was a cool cross between the future and the old concept of Pinoy tricycles.I was lucky it was the first on its line, meaning I got to ride it. After a few minutes of waiting, I got to ride it alone.

Inside the contraption, you can find.... another set of blue lights! I was cursing then on because the two-minute ride can turn into a giant headache anytime. After a the first thousand of indecency, I noticed awkwardly placed megazillion watts speakers. They were so epic that the whole clunk of metal vibrates at every strum of the baseline. He was listening to the radio and it was late in the afternoon. The dance beats were causing turbulence.

18:24 H: I arrive safely home. 

I don't understand why we are so obsessed with aesthetics in a major major way. The tricycle could have burned 6x more fuel with all the bling but the driver is still confident its all worth it. (Escapism?!?!?)







No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts