Pages

Monday, September 27, 2010

Kruhay and a few other things

Last week, my internet became picky and would only work with my phone's WiFi. Just today it realized my only method of fixing things is by hitting them with stuff. I pounded my modem with my equally sized WiFi router and the next day, traumatized, they started cooperating with my laptop again. I do not suggest my method but I guess everyone should have tried it once.

Our school just spent two days on our Humanities Celebration which is held annually. On the first day, we had a mass and a film showing of "Pisay", complemented by a Pisay Diliman Batch 1986 (the batch that inspired the movie) speaker. After that, we had a lunchtime food festival and being engrossed by all the calories, I forgot to take my camera out of its bag. I don't have pictures but fragments of what I have eaten will surely stay in my system for a long time. After the lunch, just before sunset, the Humanities department prepared a concert of local artists. The theme was after all "rediscovering our local culture".


A school choir. The San Agustin "Troubadours"  who originally performed
the celebrated piece Kruhay. See it performed by the Madrigal Singers here.


Infamous composo singer "Pirot (extreme right)". He brought
along two kids (girl and boy right next to the heart) who sang a
playful song about love and patience.

The second day (a Saturday) was spent on visiting several places. We visited the Miag-ao Church which is magnificent inside and out. I have to note that two out of the three churches we visited had burial masses going on. Miag-ao Church was having one for a baby. :-(


Occasional vanity:
Taken seconds after I hopped off the bus. Look at the background. I can actually fall a fatal 25 feet to cobblestone and hardwood trees and I dared to flash a smile. 

I bought a Griffindor-inspired scarf from a traditional cloth making house we visited for 250 Pesos.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts