Pages

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Of Flavored Sprite

The whole Shrek package
with the green apple float which I hope
you can locate. Photo from here.

I'm a big fan of McDonald's, specially their Floats. Who ever thought that putting soft, vanilla ice cream on top of carbonated drinks would make a giant hit? Now, I can't walk around the city for more than 20 minutes without seeing a mouth drowning in Floats.

At first, the Floats bothered me. Ice cream usually is basic and sodas are acidic. If you mix them together, you get a reaction. I thought it was dangerous to the stomach until I remembered that our stomachs are approximately at pH 2 which is pretty acidic. And mixing acid and base only makes a salt and water.

Now, McDo had returned their Green Float which was first introduced together with Shrek 2. Now it doesn't stand with Shrek, it stands on its own as the Green Apple Sprite Float. Having an extremely long name to memorize and recite in front of a server, I tried it. For less than a dollar, I was excited on what euphoria my Monster Green Apple Sprite Float would bring me into.

Well, it tasted like bubbly green apple juice. I am not a big fan of adding concentrated syrup to Sprite to add flavor. Sprite, no matter how sugar-flavored it is, is beautiful and I don't believe in altering it. IT WAS DEFINITELY WORTH TRYING but I doubt I'll get another next time around. I am genuinely sad that the new McDo float didn't just bring it this time.

Get more updates by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts