Pages

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

PLDT Watchpad failed me


Anybody heard of PLDT's Watchpad program? Its supposed to give you several free TV channels on streaming. I'm using PLDT's DSL line and I have a faster-than-average connection so it was only practical to try Watchpad. It was free and you don't come across free stuff all the time.

So I downloaded the application and ran it on my computer. A small window that verified system requirements appeared before the all black, suave PLDT Watchpad interface. Apparently, the PLDT Watchpad is sweeter than I thought. I noticed a log-in page below so its given you have to sign up for the service. I followed the link and the concise instructions. I gave out my account number, telephone number, cellphone number, email etc. I was very excited that I just can't stop shaking. The thought of being able to watch channels on my computer for a supposedly better quality was getting the best of me.

I agreed with their terms and regulations that I can't even read with all the excitement building up inside. I click the 'submit form' button and a loading circular gif file which was supposed to signify 'processing' appeared. A few moments, a note appeared tearing my heart into two.

"An error has occurred. Another pending request is ongoing. Please call 117."

I retried several times to no avail. About calling 117, no thanks. PLDT is not known for good customer service. Take that from me.

Again, high expectations for a disaster. Do I have the right to clamor? It was for free, remember? Now, the PLDT Watchpad icon is lying useless on my desktop. I'm too depressed to uninstall.

Anyone want to try out Smart's SurfTV?

No pun intended.


Get more updates by clicking here.

1 comment:

Popular Posts