Pages

Friday, December 31, 2010

Eat Pray Love - the movie

You might be wondering how this piece of literature garnered two entries on my blog which has been, in the whole of its existence, a random spurting of thought. No, I am not an Eatpraylovaholic. Its just a good book and as I have said, its been long since I actually finished a book. I finished the (approximately) 400 pages of it and I am proud to truthfully declare that my eyes are still intact.


While reading the book, I did what most of us do - imagine the scenes in full detail. After a few pages or so, my imagination can make an hour long movie. There are approximately one hundred few pages in the book so if you do the math, there should be around 100 hours of film to justify the magnitude of the book. Common sense used, it is impossible to make a film that can justify the mammoth chronicles of the book. So while finishing the reading, I was lowering my standards for the film which will probably skip most of my favorite details and which will likely fine tune the plot to create a more tangible and less spiritual ending, in honor of the limitations of commercial film making. Skip the whole point to make more people understand , in other words.

The film can survive if you haven't read the book. If you have read the book, I can easily imagine you throwing tomatoes at the movie screen. The book was like Ferrerro Rocher, the movie was just the gold wrapper. Some consider that trash, others, part of the whole treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts